from 195,00$
Check Availability

Le Relais de Franc Mayne

Created with Sketch. Saint-Emilion, Gironde, France. View on map
Not Rated from 0 review
100% of guests recommend


Griet and Hervé Laviale-Van Malderen have become owners of Château Franc Mayne since 2004. The charming 18th-century “Girondine” house has been restored. New wood and stainless steel fermentation vats are placed as well as the state-of-the-art wine cellar used for malolactic fermentation.

Along with Michel Rolland, Oenologist, Griet and Hervé adapt wine-making technique and facilities to correspond the most to specific characteristics of the terroir. Château Franc Mayne’s soils are mainly composed of 3 sub-soil plots: clay-limestone, clay-sand and limestone plateau. This third plot, part of the famous limestone plateau of Saint-Emilion, is planted 10% Carbernet franc whereas the other 2 intensify the 90% fruity Merlot.

In addition, underneath the limestone plateau are 2 hectares of old stone quarries. Saint-Emilion counts over 80 km of underground tunnels and galleries. Nowadays, the 2-hectare tunnel has been practically arranged to accommodate wines during the barrel ageing process. It is also romantically lightened to amaze visitors.

Le Relais de Franc Mayne is where you can stay to appreciate this marvellous wine environment. Its 12 rooms are tastefully refurbished to ensure guests’ exclusive privacy and relaxing moment. The exquisite lounge, elegant dining room and beautifully landscaped garden with an eco-friendly natural swimming pool will be part of your most memorable experience in the region. This small charming hotel welcomes guests all year round in a luxurious yet friendly atmosphere.

Hotel Facilities
The 12 individually decorated rooms are:

• Campagne Française, Asian Mood, Stella Di Mare: most spacious, equipped with queen bed and bathtub, nice view onto the vineyard

• British Landscape, African Lodge, Pop Art Room, Indian Fusion: nice setting, equipped with queen bed for the first three rooms, en-suite shower

• Black & White and Out Of Africa: smaller but cute and practical, with bed of 140 cm, en-suite shower

All rooms have flatscreen TV, Cd/Dvd player, iPod/iPhone docking station, minibar, safe, La Compagnie de Provence toiletries, Free Wi-Fi throughout. A free access computer is also available in the billiard room.

Eco-friendly, the hotel’s natural swimming pool is self-cleaning by selected aquatic plants and maintains good temperature by warmth-retaining stones. Stunning view to the hilly vineyards.

Wine Interest & Activities
As guests at Le Relais de Franc Mayne, you will be invited to join a session of wine tour and tasting. Discover the 7-hectare vineyard with its terroir specificity: micro-climate, plots and grape varieties. Appreciate the newly renovated fermentation area with stainless steel and oak vats. Walk into the state-of-the-art cellar with oak barrels on the Oxoline rotational rack. After the modern facilities, go through a kilometre long of old underground tunnel used in the past for stone excavation. Nowadays, this amazing underground gallery is where wines are matured in oak barrels.

Château Franc Mayne produces annually about 30 000 bottles of red wine:

• Château Franc Mayne, Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classé, as the main wine

• Les Cèdres de Franc Mayne, Saint Emilion Grand Cru, as the second wine

Enjoy the advantage of being on the hill and in the middle of grape vines. The scenery is picturesque and guests can walk in the vineyard or to the nearby areas by taking small ancient roads dated from the Roman period. A walk to the medieval town of Saint Emilion takes only 20 minutes.

Le Relais de Franc Mayne is situated on the D243 road, a small street that leads to motorway near Libourne, to the centre or southwest of France. The nearest village is Saint Emilion, placed only 1 kilometre away.


View More

Hotel Facilities

Air Conditioning

Hotel Theme



Check In 12:00 pm
Check Out 12:00 pm


Created with Sketch.
from 195,00$ /night



Member Since 2020

Hotel Nearby